Thursday, May 3, 2012

Subtle Ocean-y Gradient

Hey guys! Long time no see! It's been nothing but cloudy here for the past week so I couldn't take any photos :( I freaked out when I saw it was sunny today and was able to do this mani really fast before the clouds came back! I was inspired by all the gradient manis I've seen in the past few days, including Allie's awesome coral to peach one (see it HERE!) so I decided to do one of my own using some of my fave colors - it goes from a minty medium green to blue!


I chose the colors based on a pretty magazine cover... see how the 
color of the water starts to change at the top?



... and i used SH Insta-dry in Mint Sprint, a no-name Delia's polish, and 
SH Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away!





The color change isn't as noticeable as some of the other gradients I've seen, but I like it that way! I think looks like the tropical water on the magazine cover :) Thanks for reading and have a great afternoon! 
- Grace

Enter our International Sparklicious Giveaway!

15 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I don't like a lot of gradients because they're too contrast-y, but this is so subtle and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm glad the you appreciate the subtlety, I was worried it might be TOO subtle!

      Delete
  2. This is very pretty. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a subtle ombre! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors! I'm a new follower, I saw your blog link on MidAtlantic Nail Enthusiasts Group on Facebook! I would love it if you would please follow me back on my blog aswell! : ) http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!I'm glad I'm meeting so many people in the group, I'll def follow all the girls with blogs :)

      Delete
  5. This is really subtle and pretty, I love it!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so smooth! It really is like the colour gradient in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow how to get the gradient nails? make a tutorial please XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...